Estimates could have a significant impact on your margin. Having access to correct data and Pricebook information is key to a good estimate. With Industrack Estimation, you can quickly create an estimate from a preloaded price list or by pre-synced items from QuickBooks. Just fill in the necessary materials, services and labor hours.
Estimates can be printed, marked as lost or won or emailed to the customer for approval. Once the estimate is marked as won, you can convert it to a job and dispatch using the One Track Scheduling module. When the job is finished, you can convert that job into an invoice with a single click.
To work on your estimates, go to Estimates on the module header. If the header is grayed out, you do not have any access to the module. If it does not appear on the header, your company account does not have access to it.
At the top of the page is a dashboard summarizing the status of the estimates. You will see the dollar value of won estimates, the lost estimates and the value of estimates that are still open. At a glance, you are able to see the status of your estimates. These are updated every time an estimate is updated or created.
- Won Estimates – These are Estimates that have been accepted and approved by the customers. These, however, have not been converted to a job or invoice.
- Lost Estimates – These are Estimates that have been declined by the customers.
- Pending Estimates – These are Estimates that have been prepared or sent to the customers but no action has been taken.
On the page, you will also see a listing of all of your estimates that have been created using IndusTrack. The list gives you basic information about the estimates.
- Number – This is the estimate number
- Company – This is the customer’s business name as indicated on their Address Book.
- Service Location – This is the service address where the estimated job will be done. This was added when the customer’s profile was created and not necessarily the customer’s address or location.
- Description – This is a short description of the estimate.
- Date – This is the date when the estimate was created.
- Created By – This is the office user or field employee who created the estimate.
- Value – This is the net total cost/value of the estimate.
- Status – This is the stage where the estimate is currently at. It could either be draft, won, lost, scheduled or invoiced.
You can sort the list according to the estimate number, company/customer name, service location, description or date of creation. Just click on the table header to sort the list alphabetically according to the selected header.
To search for a specific estimate, use the search bar at the upper left-hand corner of the page.
To view more estimates, click on the arrow at the bottom of the screen to go to the next page or edit the items per page field to show more rows.
Use the filters to narrow down the list of estimates.
Set the dates field to show estimates that were created between the selected dates.
Filter the estimate list according to status. Select from the drop-down of the Status field.