Email the Purchase Order
Email Purchase Orders to your vendors directly from the IndusTrack system. To do this, go to Settings > Inventory > Purchase Orders.
From the Purchase Order list, find the Purchase Order to send. Click the 3-dot menu and select Send Mail.
From the Send Purchase Order window, the vendor’s email address will already be indicated in the Recipients field. Add other email addresses as needed.
Add the email Subject and Message. Send the email.
Your vendor will receive the email with a PDF copy of the Purchase Order attached.
Resend the Purchase Order
The Resend Purchase Order option is available only for Purchase Orders that have a Sent status.
From the Purchase Order list, find the Purchase Order to resend. Click the 3-dot menu and select Resend Mail.
Similar to what was done when the Purchase Order was first sent, fill in the email Subject and Message Body. Add other Recipients, if needed. Send the email.
Once the ordered items are received at the main warehouse or at the specified location, quickly update the Purchase Order, that is of course after the items have been manually checked against the Purchase Order and the vendor’s invoice.
With IndusTrack, when a Purchase Order’s status is updated to Received, the item’s Quantity on Hand at the selected warehouse is also automatically updated.
Before marking the Purchase Order as received, update the Purchase Order with the delivery details.
Find the Purchase Order to be updated from the list. Open the record in edit mode.
Indicate the invoice number on the Vendor Invoice # field.
Check that the item Quantity and Cost of the Invoice match with that of the Purchase Order. They should, but always check these to be sure. Review the company policy on how these discrepancies are to be handled before making any adjustments.
- If P.O. adjustments after delivery are allowed, update the unit cost and/or the quantity.
- Add notes on the Internal Memo field to document the changes.
- Save once done.
Go back to the Purchase Order list and click the 3-dot menu to the right of the record. Select Receive Inventory.
From the Select Warehouse window, identify the warehouse where the items were delivered or would be accountable for the purchased items, most especially if these were shipped directly to a job site.
- Find the Warehouse from the list. If the Warehouse has not been added to the system, go back to the Warehouses page to create a new one.
- Click Select.
If all of the items delivered do not require Serial numbers to be recorded, the Success window will come up. This is a confirmation that all items on the Purchase Order have been received with quantities on hand updated. Click OK. This will complete the documentation of the receipt of the purchased items and the Purchase Order’s Status will be updated to Inventory Received.
- The items received will be added to the Quantity on Hand at the selected warehouse. Go ahead and review the item(s)’ records on the Inventory page to make sure that these were updated.
Serial Numbers Required
If one or more of the items delivered requires serial numbers to be entered, the Serials Required window will come up. You have the option to enter the numbers immediately or cancel the action of updating the P.O.
Select Cancel to abandon the process of receiving the inventory. The screen will return to the Purchase Order page.
Select Enter Serial to quickly record the serial numbers.
Key in all of the serial numbers on the Serials field. Use a comma (,) in between numbers.
Add the Warranty Expiration Date on the provided field.
- If the serial numbers entered do not match the Quantity indicated in the PO (either less than or more than), a Confirmation window will come up.
- Select Yes to proceed to the next steps. The system will pick up the number of serials entered as the quantity received. This will override the Quantity at the Purchase Order.
- Select No to return to the Serials Required window and complete the recording of the serials.
Save the Serial Numbers.
- The items received including the Serial Numbers will be added to the Quantity on Hand at the selected warehouse. Go ahead and review the item(s)’ records on the Inventory page to make sure that these were updated.
The Success window will come up. This means that the ordered items have been recorded as received and the quantities on hand have been updated. Click OK to complete the process and return to the Purchase Orders page. The P.O.’s status will be updated to Inventory Received.