Create a Vehicle Alert
- Click the Add New button at the upper right-hand corner.
- Fill in the details from the Add/Edit Alert window.
- Save the new alert. This will be added to the Alert list.
A. Add the Alert Name and Type
- Add the alert name on the Description field.
- Select the Alert Type from the drop-down list. Depending on the selected type of alert, additional fields will come up, such as Time if the type Idle is selected Find the descriptions of the different alert types and the additional fields that will come up here.
B. Select the Vehicle or Vehicles
- Find the Vehicles that the alerts will apply to.
- Tick the checkbox to the left of the vehicle name. To select all vehicles on the list, tick the checkbox of “Vehicle”.
- To find a vehicle, key in the vehicle name or ID on the Search field and click Search.
C. Set Applicable Days and Times
- Set the applicable times of day (set both the start and end times) that the alert will be valid. Setting the start and end times will limit the trigger of the alert. If the event happens before or after the set times, the alert will not trigger.
- For both start and end times, select the hour, minute and the 12-hour clock system (AM or PM)
- Click the Set button to select the time.
- Set the applicable days of the week when the alert will trigger.
- Tick the checkbox for weekdays and leave the checkbox for weekend unticked to set the alert to trigger only on weekdays.
- Tick the checkbox for weekends and leave the checkbox for weekdays unticked to set the alert to trigger only on weekends.
- Tick the checkboxes for both weekdays and weekends to set the alert to trigger on all days of the week.
D. Set the Alert Color
- Select the color of the alert. This is the color that the alert will appear on the alert window on the Map.
E. Activate the Alert
- Tick the checkbox for Active. If this is not ticked, the alert will not trigger.
F. Set the Notification Rule
In addition to the alert appearing on the Alert window on the map, an email or text message can also be sent when the alert is triggered.
- On the Send email field, select the email address or addresses that will receive the alert message.
- On the Send Text field, select the phone number or numbers that will receive the text message.
Update the Vehicle Alert
- Find the alert from the list and click the 3-dot menu to the right.
- Select Edit. This will open the alert details window.
- Update the vehicle alert.
- Save the changes.
Turn On an Alert
- Select the turned off alert.
- Click the 3-dot menu to the right and select Turn On. The alert status will be updated to ON.
Turn Off an Alert
- Select the alert to be turned off.
- Click the 3-dot menu to the right and select Turn Off. The alert status will be updated to OFF.
Delete an Alert
- Select the alert or alerts to be deleted.
- Tick the checkboxes to the left of the alert or alerts.
- Click the Delete button.