A service is a utility/system/resource that you sell to your customers such as maintenance and engineering work, transportation, repairs and others.
Set-Up a Service
- Click on the Actions button and select Add New Service.
- Fill in the item details on the Add Service window. Fields with (*) are required
- Name* – the item name.
- SKU – assigned service code.
- Income Account – select which income account.
- Sales Price/Rate – selling price of a single instance of the service.
- Sales Information – brief description of the service.
- Expense Account – select from the dropdown list.
- Cost – input cost of the service.
- Save the new service.
- The service will be added to the Inventory List.
Update the Details of a Service
- Find the service from the Inventory List and click on it to open the Edit Service window.
- Update the service details.
- Save the changes.
Delete a Service Item or Items
- Find the service item or items to be removed from the Inventory List.
- Tick the checkbox to the left of the item or items.
- Click the actions button and select Delete.
- The deleting confirmation window will come up. Select Yes to continue, select No to cancel the action.
- If the service item being deleted is included in an assembly, the item will not be deleted. An error notification will come up.
- The item will have to be removed from the assembly or the bundle will have to be deleted before the item can be deleted from the list.