To set up a vehicle, go to Vehicle Tracking > Vehicles.
Create a Vehicle
A. Access the Add Vehicle Window
- Click the Actions button at the upper right-hand corner of the Vehicles table.
- Select +Add New.
- From the Add Vehicle window, fill in the fields. Fields with (*) are required.
B. Add the Vehicle General Information
- Vehicle ID*
- Key in an ID code to be assigned to the vehicle. Alphanumeric codes can be used.
- Vehicle IDs can only be assigned to one vehicle. This ID number can not be assigned to another vehicle once the ID number has been used.
- Vehicle Name
- Vehicle Type
- Select the type of vehicle from the drop-down list
- The selected type will also determine the vehicle icon. Icons are used to show vehicles on the Map.
C. Assign a Device
- Click the Assign Device field.
- From the drop-down list, find the matching ESN serial number of the device installed in the vehicle. The ESN number is located on the device on a white sticker. Use the last 8 digits of the 10-digit ESN number on the device.
- If needed, use the Search bar to find the number.
D. Enter the Vehicle’s Starting Mileage and Engine Hours
Set the Current MIleage and Engine Hours on the vehicle. IndusTrack will track the vehicle’s accumulated mileage and engine hours from the set values. If this is not set, the mileage and engine hours on the reports will not be accurate to the odometer on the vehicle. It will simply state the number of miles and engine hours since the device was installed on the vehicle.
- Click on the Pencil icon (edit button) to the right of the Current Mileage field.
- Key in the current mileage values on the field
- Click on the Pencil icon (edit button) to the right of the Current EH field.
- Key in the current engine hours values on the field.
- Add the following vehicle information on the respective fields:
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
E. Add the Vehicle Registration Information
Adding the vehicle’s registration information is important to be able to set the registration renewal alerts for the vehicle.
- Add the registration information on the following fields:
- Plate Number
- Registration State – Select the state from the drop-down list
- Registration Renewal – to enter the date, select from either:
- Key in the date using this format MM/DD/YYYY. The date will be reflected on the calendar when this is clicked.
- Click the calendar icon and select the date. The selected date will be reflected on the field.
- Rate Per Hour – This is the rate used to on estimates and invoices for this vehicle in the Asset section.
- Cost Per Hour – This is the cost used to on estimates and invoices for this vehicle in the Asset section.
F. Add Additional Details to the Vehicle Profile
Fill in the fuel usage information about the vehicle on the Average MPG and Gallons/HR at Idle fields to get accurate information on the fuel efficiency report and accurate cost of idling on the Idling report.
- Fill in the information for the following fields:
- Vehicle weight (lb)
- Fuel Type
- Fuel Tank Capacity (Gal)
- If your company has to file for an IFTA report, make sure to tick the checkbox of Include in IFTA Reports.
G. Save the New Vehicle
- Review the posted details. Revise if necessary.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the Add Vehicle window to create the new Vehicle with an active status. This will be added to the active Vehicles table.