When a device loses cellular coverage and cannot send data it starts storing all of the information to its memory. This includes GPS data, mileage data, and motion data from the accelerometer. Once the device reconnects to the cellular network it will upload all of the data it has collected when it didn’t have service. This way tracking information is rarely lost.
You might notice the following behavior when cellular coverage is lost temporarily:
- The device will appear to be behind in Industrack Web and Industrack Mobile and not show the current location. This will be corrected when the device regains cellular coverage.
- The Breadcrumb report may show the vehicle jumping from where coverage was lost to where the device reconnected to the network.
Because of the device memory, you will rarely lose data and the reports will show correctly once the device is back in coverage.
To give a crew member Industrack Mobile access you must first have Field Employee licenses. To get Field Employee licenses please contact Support (email@example.com). Once you have Field Employee licenses you can distribute them to your field employees.
To assign an Industrack Mobile license to a field employee, go to your settings. Click on Field Employees from the list on the left and choose Manage Field Employees. Find the employee you want to give Industrack Mobile access to and click on the button with three dots along the right. Select Edit. This will open Edit field employee page. At the top there is a General tab and a Mobile App tab. Click on the Mobile App tab and enter the users email and a password. Then check the Assign Mobile App License.
When using Industrack Web to keep track of maintenance for your vehicles it is best to have your vehicles current mileage and engine hours accurate. To set the mileage and engine hours for a vehicle, follow these steps:
- Login to Industrack Web
- Go to Settings
- Click Vehicle Tracking on the left and select Vehicles
- Find the vehicle from the list and click the button with three dots on the right
- Select edit
- In the pop-up window, find Current Mileage and Current EH in the top right and click the button with the pencil icon.
- Enter the correct engine hours and mileage
- Click save
Industrack Web will now accumulate mileage and engine hours counting up from these numbers.
Download Industrack Mobile onto your device and login using the same Username and Password you use to log into Industrack Web.
The settings within the Customer Settings section change how the reports display by adjusting how close vehicles have to be to addresses and filtering out shorter times for activities. There are five settings that you can adjust in the customer settings with Customer Stop Time and Customer Radius being two of those settings.
The Customer Stop Time and Customer Radius settings affect the Customer Activity Report and Daily Activity Report. Adjusting these settings will filter what is displayed in the Customer Activity Report and Daily Activity Report.
Customer Stop Time – this setting filters all customer stop times less than the selected amount. For example, if you set the Customer Stop Time to five minutes the reports will filter out customer stop times that are less than five minutes. We recommend setting this from three to five minutes, this will help remove customer stop times caused by quick drop-offs or passing by a customer geofence.
Customer Radius (mi) – this setting determines how close a vehicle must be to a customer address or geofence before it is considered at the address or in the geofence. For example, if you setup a 0.05 mile radius vehicles have to be within 0.05 miles of an address or geofence before it is recorded in the Customer Activity Report. We recommend setting this to 0.05 as this will allow for small inaccuracies in the GPS location but will be accurate enough to not show a vehicle in two geofence.
The settings within the Customer Settings section change how the reports display by adjusting how close vehicles have to be to addresses and filtering out shorter times for activities. There are five settings that you can adjust in the customer settings with Idle Time being one of those settings.
The Idle Time setting affects the Idle Report, Daily Activity Report and Breadcrumb Report. Idle time filtering can filter the small idle times making reports more readable.
Idle Time – this setting filters all idle times less than the selected amount. For example, if you set the Idle Time to five minutes the reports will filter out idle times less than five minutes. We recommend setting Idle Time from three to five minutes, this will help filter out idle times caused by stop lights.
The power disconnect alert occurs when somebody removes the device from its power source. Many devices have an internal battery allowing for the device to send data for a period of time after being disconnected.
In rare instances, you might receive a power disconnect alert when we reset the device after automated diagnostic
- Login to Industrack Web
- Go to Settings
- Click on Vehicle Tracking and select Alerts
- Click Add New
- Give the alert a name in the description
- Select the Alert Type from the dropdown
- Select the vehicles that the alert should apply to by checking the box next to those vehicles
- Click save
You will now get alerts in the alerts window on the map tab. If you would also like to get email or text notification of a certain alert, select the email or phone number the notification should be sent to from the dropdown under the “Notification Rule” section before saving the alert.
- Log in to Industrack Web
- Got to the settings and select Office Users from the left
- Click Add New
- At the top, you will see General and Permissions
- Fill out all of the starred info on the General tab
- Go to the Permissions tab and give a view or edit access to each module as desired
- Restrict vehicle visibility in the map module from the dropdown under Map Visibility for Vehicles
- Click Save
- Make sure the user has a YES under the Permissions column of the list. If they do not, click the three dots on their line and select Activate. If you are unable to activate the user, be sure to check that you have Office User Licenses available; you may need to purchase additional licenses or deactivate one of the users with a YES under Permissions.
The most likely cause of multiple locations showing up for an alert is the Customer Radius setting in Industrack Web is set too large.
For example: If the radius is set to 10 miles, any address within 10 miles of an alert will be added to the alert location.
This is most likely caused by a loose ignition wire. When the ignition wire becomes loose it will no longer be able to tell when a vehicles ignition is on. This will cause the appearance of a vehicle always being stopped even when it has moved.
To fix this, reconnect the ignition wire securely so that the device will be able to sense ignition status again.
Another thing that could cause this appearance is that when installing the device the ignition wire was hooked up to the incorrect wire.
To fix this, connect the ignition wire to the correct wire, if you are unsure which wire is the ignition wire in your vehicle you can always search for this information.
The Hard Breaking, Hard Cornering, and Quick Acceleration alerts work using a built in accelerometer in the device to measure force. When a vehicle stops, starts or turns, the GPS device can sense this motion using its accelerometer and once it passes a certain threshold it will trigger one of our alerts.
The best way to determine how hard you have to start, stop or turn to set off this alert we recommend that you set up one of the alerts and then try setting off the alert in one of your trucks with the GPS device in it.
When using Industrack you may encounter some of your vehicles being displayed in orange. Orange vehicles represent a vehicle that has not received any data from a device for more than 24 hours.
This can be caused by a few things:
- The vehicle is not associated with a device so there is no data
- The device assigned to the vehicle has been unplugged and is unable to report data
- The device assigned to the vehicle has stopped reporting data
If the vehicle does not have a device associated with it, follow the steps below to associate a device with the vehicle:
- Go to Settings in Indutrack Web and select Vehicle Tracking
- Choose Vehicles and find the vehicle that is orange from the list
- Click the button with three dots on the right and select edit
- Assign the appropriate device from the dropdown next to Assign Device in the General section
If the vehicle does have a device associated with it and is showing orange there will be a status of “No Update” and how long the device has gone without an update. To fix this follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the device has power
- For plug in devices, make sure it is securely plugged in and the device has lights on.For hard wired devices make sure the wires are secure and the device has lights on
- Check the lights, if the orange light is flashing fast let the device sit outside so that the cellular can reconnect
- If the lights are flashing slow or there are no lights contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-746-4017 x2
Sync automatically happens after logging in to the Mobile App, if the sync never completes you need to Clear cache/data. Clearing App Data is a simple step that releases quite a large amount of free space; let me explain with an example. Suppose you have downloaded a lot of movies on Netflix, but you forgot to delete them. What will happen is, it will occupy some space on your device. So, when you clear App Data, it not only clears the Cache but also resets the application, meaning you’ll have more space in storage. But you will have to sign in again on Netflix. Follow these steps to Clear App Data:
How to Clear App Data:
Step 1: Open the Settings application on your device.
Step 2: Head Over to Apps Menu
Step 3: Choose Installed Applications
Step 4: Find the Application you want to Clear the App Data of
Step 5: Select it, Move to the Storage Tab
Step 6: Hit Clear Storage/Clear App Data
Note: The Next time you open the application, you will need to download all the resources from scratch. For example, if you clear the App Data of INDUSTRACK Mobile App, you will need to download the app again from the Play Store.