There are three different ways that you can create jobs, convert an estimate into a job, create a job from the Actions tab, and create a job from the calendar/Scheduling Grid.
Create a Job from the Scheduling Grid
If you know when the job will be performed and who will be doing it, create the job directly from the default calendar, Timeline View. Just open the calendar to the date when the job will be done, and find the specific time and field employee. Double-click on it and the Add New Job window will open. The field employee and start date and time will already be filled in. This is discussed in detail in the section Add a New Job.
Create a Job from the Actions Tab in the Schedule Module
From the Actions Tab in the Schedule Module, at the upper right-hand corner of the page, select Add Unassigned Job. This will bring up the Add New Job window. This is discussed in detail in the section Add a New Job.
This is particularly useful if you want to create a job that will not yet be assigned to a specific field employee or scheduled for a specific date. You can use this to create jobs for future scheduling. The job will be listed under Jobs Queues. You can update these jobs later when you are ready to assign them. More unassigned jobs are in the section Jobs Queues.
You can access the Add New unassigned Job window from the Actions tab from whatever Calendar View.
Convert an Estimate into a Job
Converting an estimate to a job is the simplest way to create a job in Industrack. To learn the process of how to do this, go to the Estimates module. On the estimate module select and estimate> on the three dots> select convert to job.
How to Add a New Job
On the Job info page, you will be able to add the Customer details, the Job details, part/services/equipment you might want to add to the job, Notes, Forms, attachments, and Purchase Orders.
On the Select Customer field, start typing the name of the customer into the field. As you begin typing the name, IndusTrack will begin looking in your customers for matching entries. When you see the one you are looking for in the list, click on it to select the customer. If you don’t find the customer you are looking for or it may have not been added to your customer list yet, there is an option here to Create a new customer.
Once the customer is selected, the contact info, billing address, and service address will be displayed. If there are any site notes that have been entered into the profile for the customer, these will also be displayed under the notes section. If the customer has tags associated with it will be seen at the top.
If the customer selected has open jobs or open estimates, you will be able to view it by clicking on the View Jobs, View Estimates hypertext. When clicking on it, it will open a new tab and will redirect you to the Customer Profile Job List or Estimate List.
The Select Service Location field will come up if the customer’s billing and service addresses are different or if there is more than one service location listed in the Customer Profile.
When adding a new job from the Scheduling grid or from the Actions Tab, the Main Location will be automatically assigned as the service location. If you need to select another service location, you can click on the dropdown and select from there.
- Job Description – In this field, enter a simple description or name for the job. This will appear on the calendar together with the customer’s name. If the job was converted from an estimate, the estimate description will map as the Job description.
- Job Status – Select from the options, not started, started, paused, complete, declined. The job status will be displayed as an icon on the calendar. Usually, office users do not have to set Job Status as when the field employee starts the job or does anything in the job in the mobile app the status will automatically change.
- Job Number – Add the job number series here. If autoincrement is set up, the job number will auto-populate once the job has been saved or dispatched.
- Service Type – Select the service type from the drop-down list. Service types are set up in the schedule settings sections.
- Job Priority – Set the job priority status to either low, medium, or high priority.
- Job Color – Select the color code representing the job. The colors are shown on the map. Job colors are set up in the schedule settings sections.
Start Date and Time, End Date and Time, Estimated Duration
Enter the start date and time of the job. Below that, enter the end date and time. Instead of entering the end date and time, you can instead fill in the estimated duration or the estimated time the job will take to finish. The end date and time will automatically fill in. If you start creating the job by clicking in the calendar schedule grid, the start date and time will already be filled in. You can edit these.
Note that these times are for purposes of creating the schedule only and do not necessarily mean that these will be the actual job start and end times for the field employee. The job reports will show the actual times your field employee actually arrived at and departed from the customer’s.
In the event that you do not yet have a specific date for the job that you are creating, you can leave the date and time blank and the job, when saved, will go into the Unassigned Job section.
Add Parts/Services/Equipment, Attachments, Existing Customer Equipment, Forms, Purchase Order, and Notes
- Add Parts/Services/Equipment- Add parts, services, or equipment to the job from your inventory list. If the Part/service/equipment you need is not from your inventory list or has not been added to your inventory list, you can add and create a new item here.
- Existing Customer Equipment– This will only be shown if the customer selected has existing equipment. You can also create one here if needed.
- Attachments– If there is any other info you want to add to the job you can also add in here URLs, attachments, files, or Tools.
- Forms – Mobile forms are pre-made, select the form/s you want to add to the job.
- Form Trigger – select when the form should pop up when the field employee does the job.
- Purchase Orders – If there are items or parts you need to order and to be added to the job, you can create a purchase order from here.
- Notes – There are three types of Notes (Notes for field employees, Field Notes, Pinned/Site Notes)
- Notes for Field Employees – These are the office user’s notes, when the job is dispatched the field employees will be able to see the notes from the office for them. This note is designed so that office users can put their notes or messages for the field users.
- Field Notes – Once the job is dispatched to the field users, on the app there will be a field note section as well where they can fill up for the office users to see. After they sync their app, if they put any notes in this field, back in the office side the office users will be able to see notes from the techs under this section.
- Pinned/Site Notes – These are the notes that are pinned to this specific customer and service location.
If you start creating the job by clicking in the Timeline View schedule grid, the field employee will already be assigned. You can add more field employees to the job or remove the crew previously selected.
If the job is created from a custom calendar, only field employees and employee groups that are assigned to the custom calendar will be on the drop-down list.
If in the event that you don’t know who the job will be assigned to at the time you create the job, you can leave the employee list empty and the job will go into the Unassigned Job section.
- Click on the Add Crew Field.
- Tick the checkbox to the left of the field employee’s or group’s name. As you tick, the name will already be added to the list. For an employee group, all the crew assigned to that group will be added to the list individually.
- Click anywhere on the window to close the list.
Remove a crew
- To delete a field employee’s name, click on the Delete icon (X) below the crew’s name.
- To delete all of the crew on the list, click the Clear List button.
After adding all the info, you can either SAVE the job or DISPATCH NOW.
Saving the job means you just saved the job and the field employee assigned to it won’t get a notification in his mobile app.
Dispatching the Job means the job was dispatched to the field employee assigned to it, the field employee/s will get notified in his mobile app that a job was assigned to him.