Field Employees are given access to different modules so that they may use the Mobile App while doing their jobs in the field.
From the backend, Office Users (who have Super Admin permisisons) create and manage Field Employee profiles.
To access the Field Employee setup page, go to Settings > Field Employees which is further grouped into 2 sections: Manage Employees and Manage Groups.
- Manage Employees – Set up and manage individual field employees, including their permissions and, for some users, supervisor permissions.
- Manage Groups – Set up different field employee groups and assign individual field employees to these groups.
Manage Field Employees
At the top of the Field Employees > Manage Employees page is the summary of Mobile App licenses owned and those still available for use:
- Total – This represents the total number of Mobile App licenses you have purchased.
- Available – This represents the number of Mobile App licenses that have not been assigned.
Using the Field Employees’ Tables
There are 3 Field Employees Tables – the Active Users table, the Inactive Users (Deactivated) table, and the Archived Users table.
Active Users are users who are currently working for your company. Inactive users are users who are not currently working for your company so they should not appear on lists, but they will work for your company in the future (example: seasonal employees during the offseason). Archived users are users who do not and will not work for your company again. We do not delete these people from the system to keep full records as well as a way to insure duplicate logins, etc.
To access the different tables, use the Actions button.
By default, the Active Field Employees table is displayed. To go to the Inactive Field Employees table, go to the Actions button and select View Inactive. The Archived table is not accessible from this view.
From the Inactive Field Employees table, use the Actions button to access the Archived Users table or go back to the Active Users table.
From the Archived Field Employees table, use the Actions button to go back to the Active Users or Inactive Users tables.
All of the Field Employees tables have 9 columns each.
- Employee ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Cell Phone
- Mobile App License – Refers to the status of a mobile app license or the lack of it and provides information about the mobile device used by the Field Employees.
- 3-dot Menu – The function of this menu differs depending on the table used:
- Active Field Employees table – The 3-dot menu contains the Edit and Deactivate functions.
- Inactive Field Employees table – The 3-dot menu contains the Activate and Archive functions.
- Archived Field Employees table – The 3-dot menu contains the Activate function.
Sort the Field Employees list
Click on the column header to sort the list according to the preferred field (employee ID, first name, last name and others).
- The uses of this button are:
- To move from one Field Employees table to another.
- Create a new field employee. This function is available only at the Active Employees table.
- Deactivate multiple users. This function is available only at the Active Employees table.
- Use this function to narrow down the list of Field Employees. This is especially useful for companies with multiple Field Employees.
- You can filter for the employee’s ID number, first name, or last name.
- This search field is enabled for all Field Employees’ tables.
Clear Filter Button
- Use this button to reset the table to its original format (remove the filter).
- The clear filter button is enabled for all Field Employees’ tables.
List Per Page
- Select the number of field employees to be displayed per page. Options to choose from are 10, 25, 50, and 100.
- Use the Previous and Next buttons to move from one page to another (if there is more than one page).