Similar to field employees, vehicles can be grouped into teams. Decide on how you would like them to be grouped – by type, by area, by purpose or whatever you prefer. Create the teams and assign the individual vehicles to the groups.
To access the Vehicle Groups setup page, click the Profile icon from the main page and select Settings. From the left navigation of the Settings page, click on Vehicle Tracking and select Vehicle Groups.
Using the Vehicle Groups Table
- Search Bar
- Key in the vehicle group name you are looking for on the search bar and matching information will populate the table.
- Clear Filter Button
- Click this button to reset the table to its original format (remove the search)
- Delete button
- Add New button
- The Vehicle Groups table has 2 columns:
- Vehicle Group Name
- Vehicles – represents the number of vehicles assigned to the group
- Sort the Vehicles list
- Click on the column header to sort the list according to the preferred field (Vehicle Group Name or number of vehicles assigned)
- List Per Page
- Select the number of vehicles to be displayed per page. Options to choose from are 10, 25, 50, 100
- Use the Previous and Next buttons to move from one page to another (if there is more than one page)
- Search Bar
Create a Vehicle Group
- Click the + Add New button at the upper right-hand corner of the Vehicle Groups table.
- From the Add Vehicle Groups window, key in the Group Name.
- Assign individual vehicles to the group.
- Review the created group and the list of assigned vehicles. Revise if necessary.
- Click the Save button. This will add the new Group to the list of Vehicle Groups.
Update a Vehicle Group’s Details
- From the Vehicle Groups table, select the vehicle group to be edited. Click anywhere on the row to open the Edit Vehicle Group window.
- Update the necessary vehicle group information.
- Save the changes.
Delete a Vehicle Group
- From the Vehicle Groups table, tick the checkbox to the left of the group name to be deleted.
- To delete multiple groups, tick mark all the group names from the table.
- Click the Delete button. The group will be removed from the list.